Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Techno Technolgy
So you know how techno music is fast and up beat? Isn't technology the same way? It's rapidly updating and changing and becoming new ideas. In math class we're asked to purchase the TI-nSpire CAS calculator and when learning to use this calculator we're reminded of how much power it contains. It solves your equations for you, it saves documents and work like a computer does. Cellphones these days, majority of them you can get internet on. Technology surrounds us. Computers, cellphones, iPods, etc. What if these devices were to one day suddenly disappear, what if we had to live like they did in the early 1800's without electric light? In a short amount of time, we've advanced from no electric light to having computers, phones, internet, touch screen devices and so on. We rely on technology so much these days. My parents talk about how when they were younger they had to solve equations with their brain and not some robot, or how they had to write their essay's over and over again, instead of just editing on Microsoft Word. I wonder where all these advancements in technology will take us in just a few years. How will humans live later on, fully off of technology and not knowing how to do things for themselves? Like read an analog clock, or dial a phone without a touch pad. Judging by the way we depend on technology, I wonder how bad our future would be. Are we advancing for the good or for the bad?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Emily, I agree that technological advances sometimes come faster that we can truly keep up with, however, i struggle to see how these advancements are for the bad. Even if they do render us useless without them, is this truly an issue as they well never be removed from human society in the future. As we saw in 'Into the Wild', though, it seems even a human as determined as Chris McCandless is incapable these days of surviving in the wilderness without artificial resources at all.
ReplyDeleteI disagree with Daniel. I believe that there are advancements in technology for the bad. Cyber bulling is one example. Hundreds of children commit suicide due to the online bullying. Facebook allows "friends" to anonymously address you in an application called the honesty box. I know of many people that have received hurtful comments. I am not saying that everything is bad and Facebook is a horrible thing, but there are many harmful effects due to technology. I don't think maybe advancements as a whole are bad, but you have to consider what else stems from technology.
ReplyDelete