Monday, June 6, 2011

Meta Blog: The Finale

Sadly, this school year is coming to an end. I've really enjoyed our American Studies class, and all it has offered to me. Without a doubt, I became a much stronger student this year because I was able to open up to classmates and contribute to class discussions. Not only in class, but on my blog as well. This semester, I really enjoyed blogging because I was open to new ideas and ways to find blogging ideas. I've incorporated movies, YouTube videos, and news articles into my posts.

Third quarter, my posts did not have a reoccuring theme. I mainly blogged about topics that interested me and issues that I would have liked to hear feed back on. Through my Junior Theme, I was able to understand what it really means to be equal and that's what led into majority of my fourth quarter posts. I talked a lot about equality this quarter, gender, social class, gay, even fame equality, and how it relates to American society.

Instead of questioning myself this semester, I questioned my sources, and at times, my readers. Even more so than last semester, I've been able to express my opinion even through my posts. I love being able to connect our discussions to other media sources outside of the classroom. This really has helped me grow both as  a student and as a blogger, because I have a purpose when I blog. I'm able to connect more with my topics because I have a better understanding. It's interesting to go back and read all of my blogs throughout the year because there has definitely been a change.

Blogging this year has grown on me, it's helped me look beyond news articles or movies. I've been able to look for deeper meanings and themes and talk about them. It's fun to engage in conversations about things we are passionate about outside of class. I'm happy we've been given this opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. Nice overview, Em, but need to mention specific instances of writing where possible.

    ReplyDelete